A BOAT RIDE ON THE RIVER ARNO
For a visit to the city of Pisa from another viewpoint, let’s get on a boat on the River Arno and have a good look at the 16th- and 17th-century façades that still have medieval traces. We’ll go upriver in the direction of Florence and see the street called “Lungarni” on our right Pisa’s first cathedral, Palazzo Gambacorti, now Pisa’s City Hall, and the library designed by Michelangelo and then go as far as the Old Fortress. We’ll turn back at the San Michele agli Scalzi complex and go towards the mouth of the Arno with, on our right, the San Matteo Church and museum, the old Jewish district, the main bridge, Piazza Garibaldi, a beautiful palazzo with terracotta reliefs, the University offices and Palazzo Reale (Royal Palazzo) and as far as the New Fortress.
- The boat ride with commentary lasts 45 minutes.
- On-board refreshments can be arranged.
- The boat is covered but not enclosed.
- Suitable for groups ONLY.
- For a fullday tour, you can combine a boat ride with a tour of Piazza dei Miracoli of Pisa.