THE VILLAS IN THE LUCCHESIA
- First of all, Villa Torrigiani because, apart from its spectacular façade and period atmosphere, the garden is a marvel with part of it laid out in the French style. It’s an aristocratic villa, occupied by the family, and has a wealth of family mementoes. Duration: 1 hour
- Then I’ll take you to Villa Bernardini which, for me, was love at first sight. The owners, descendants of the noble Bernardini family, will show us round, following this charming route: the green house, the theatre in the garden, the furniture in the villa which is warm and welcoming; the family history will be told by members of this ancient family, in all its simplicity. Duration: 1 hour
- Finally we’ll go to Villa Grabau, which is very different in appearance from the others. The original 17th-century house was restored in the 19th century but still has the features of a Lucchese country house, such as its frescoes and lovely garden. This villa is often the setting for events and weddings. Duration: 1 hour
- In the middle of this afternoon outing, there’ll be a delicious break with a visit to a farmhouse, where they produce wine and extra-virgin olive oil which you will sample, of course. The farmhouse offers simple snacks to full meals, in cooperation with a Tour Operator.
- The half-day tour (3/4 hours) can be combined with another half-day, for example: Lucca or Carrara or Pisa or Pietrasanta…
- You need a car to visit the villas; if you don’t have a car or you prefer to be comfortably driven by a private chauffeur, ask me for a free quotation.
5th March to 5th November, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and 3 p.m.-7 p.m.
1st February to 4th March and 16th November to 7th January. Open only on booking and for groups of a minimum of ten.
Only on booking.
Easter to 30th June and 1st September to 1st November, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and 2 p.m.-6 p.m..
2nd November to Easter, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and 2.30 p.m.-5.30 p.m..
1st July to 31st August, 10 a.m.-1 a.m. and 3 p.m.-7 p.m
There are many villas open to the public and you have here only my personal choice. If you prefer to visit another one or one in particular, please don’t hesitate to ask me.